PILLAR: SMART NETWORKS
What we will do and why
Design and trial a responsive, automated electricity network that re-configures and optimises itself in real-time, moving spare capacity to where the demand is and avoid reinforcement.
- Fully trialled and tested power electronics solution integrated with active network management and systems.
- Network optimisation tool tested and integrated with active network management system and advanced distribution management system.
- Faster network configuration to restore faults.
- Release network capacity without reinforcement.
- Efficiency and productivity.
Measures of success
- Reduction in customer interruptions and minutes lost.
- Improved customer service.
- Increased network utilisation.
Lessons from the installation and commissioning of novel power electronics from Active Response presented at Cired 2023 and the Energy Innovation Summit 2023.
Ongoing engagement with SP Energy Networks to share learnings and insights from Active Response and Low Voltage Engine projects.
- Completion of software and hardware trials (Oct 2023)
- Business as usual implementation plan developed (Dec 2023)
- Close down and reporting (Feb 2024)
|Date of change
We added a stakeholder engagement summary.