PILLAR: DIGITAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Data Discovery and Cataloguing
What we will do and why
Consistent definition and cataloguing of enterprise data assets to facilitate self-serve data discovery, and appropriate and effective use by internal and external consumers.
- Application procurement & implementation.
- Internal and external data catalogue.
- Improved data discoverability.
- Increase in data interoperability and good master data management.
Measures of success
- Successful implementation of the data cataloguing solution.
- Extent of data defined within the data catalogue.
- Data user satisfaction.
The set of data catalogue requirements was created through engagement with data analysts and business users in the UK Power Networks Distributed Network Operator (DNO) and System Operator. This was shared with other DNOs who have similar tools or were in the process of procurement to validate the list, resulting in additional requirements being added. Through the data shared on the CLEO and Open Data projects, we have added additional metadata to our standard as requested by data users, including data update frequency and data themes.
- Data cataloguing tool evaluation (Aug 2023)
- Expansion of data catalogue (Dec 2023)
- Fully implemented solution (Sep 2024)
|Date of change
No changes other than updated status of the initiatives and milestones. A stakeholder engagement section has also been added.