What we will do and why
Enhance our online Smart Connect connection application tool, and related processes and standards, to allow meter operators (MOP) to undertake emergency fuse upgrades at customers’ homes.
- Updated systems, processes and standards for fuse upgrades.
- Training and accreditation package for wider rollout to additional MOPs.
- Ensure Distribution Network Operators are not a blocker to low carbon technology adoption
- Improved customer experience
Measures of success
- Uptake by additional meter operators.
- Number of fuse upgrades performed by meter operators.
- Customer satisfaction.
- UK Power Networks cost reduction.
Disseminated outcomes at industry events. Feedback was that broader uptake must be evidenced before networks and suppliers will consider adoption. In response, we engaged other distribution networks through the Energy Networks Association to drive national uptake. Ongoing engagement with energy suppliers for broader MOP uptake. Signed contract with Octopus Energy for ongoing service delivery.
Public Detailed Docs
- Refreshed business case, and legal and safety assessment (June 2023)
- Decision to proceed with further trial with additional meter operator (July 2023)
|Date of change
Added stakeholder engagement information and links to additional detail.