PILLAR: SMART NETWORKS
Flexibility Market Platform
What we will do and why
An online platform facilitating the procurement and management of flexibility - from registration and qualification through to performance assessment and market settlement.
- Simplified user experience through the flexibility process
- Support for day-ahead flexibility procurement
- Range of APIs to support integration with Distribution Network Operator and flex provider systems
- Increased flex provider satisfaction
- Increased supply of flexibility
- Increased competition for flexibility opportunities
- Improved coordination between Distributed System Operators and Electricity System Operator
Measures of success
- Customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
Platform requirements were shaped by engagement with flexibility providers, both bilaterally (particularly through the tender process) and through three flexibility forums during 2023. We have another in-person flexibility forum planned for January 2024 to provide the vision for the platform and validate stakeholder priorities.
- Launch of tender process (Jul 2023)
- Initial deployment of the platform (Mar 2024) - Delayed
- Deployment of long term tenders (May 2024)
|Date of change
Initial deployment of the platform changed from December 2023 target date due to delays, expected to now be early 2024. More detailed information to be released in 2024. A summary of stakeholder engagement has been added to this initiative page.