Intelligent Operational Resource Allocation
What we will do and why
Enhanced contractor work planning and exchange of data across multiple workstreams through the use of intelligent resource scheduling and management software.
- Short to medium term resource demand model.
- Optimised resource planning and utilisation.
Measures of success
- Increase in contractor labour utilisation for planned work.
Engagement with UK Power Networks’ direct workforce acknowledges that additional staff are needed for the RIIO-ED2 workload. This project is fundamental to addressing this feedback and the RIIO-ED2 project. We have worked with the technical training school to get authorisations in place for April 2024. We have also run a tender event with suppliers, awarding to eight additional suppliers.
Public Detailed Docs
See our ED2 Workforce Plan:
- Deployment website to contractors with training (Apr 23)
- Setup utilisation reports (Aug 23)
- Interim review (Oct 23)
- Transition to BAU (Dec 23)
- Requirements of resource planning into outage period (Apr 24)
|Date of change
We have chosen to extend this project into April 2024 to take into account the outage period for major projects which starts at that time. This will allow us to refine workforce planning requirements.