What we will do and why
Develop and test a tool that will be used on site by the field engineers to take pictures and draw out the reinstatement works following the excavation of private driveways, show what it would look like after reinstatement.
- A Toughpad based tool that display pictures of before works on private land reinstatement works, with a drawn prediction of the state upon completion.
- Improve customer experience following excavation.
- Reduce the number of complaints due to mismatched ground reinstatement.
- Ability to accurately visualise excavation works.
Measures of success
- Increased customer satisfaction.
- Decrease in customer complaints.
This project is still in the early stages, but the plan is for customer engagement to take place at an appropriate stage in development.
- Develop tool specification (Aug 2024) - Delayed
- Develop visualisation tool (Dec 2024) - Delayed
|Date of change
Due to technical performance concerns, the overall timeline has been pushed back to end of 2024 (from March 2024). The specification milestone target the has changed from December 2023 to August 2024, with the development of the tool expected to complete by the end of the year instead of March 2024. We have also explained the expected stakeholder engagement.